Monday 14 January 2013

Magazine Name, Style & Genre

DWNLD

I came up with the name 'DWNLD' (download) mainly because it was influenced by the electronic/alternative artist 'SBTRKT' (said as subtract) i feel that removing the vowels from the word 'download' and being left with 'DWNLD' works really well, its surprisingly easy to read, bold and unusual. I also feel it really represents the music industry today, as almost all music is streamed online and downloaded through iTunes, SoundCloud, Spotify etc.

My magazine will be simplistic, stylish, bold and unusual. But most of all i want it to emulate the simplistic magazine convention that i have been analysing from my research and style models as i feel this fits the genre of my band and overall style of my magazine.

The genre of my magazine will be indie/alternative, not only do i have a huge interest in this type of music, i think it has the potential (as a growing music genre) to create a new bold & stylish music magazine.


1 comment:

  1. A great name. This will look really good as a masthead.

    ReplyDelete