Saturday 5 January 2013

i-D Magazine Covers












i-D magazine is one of the main style models i have used so far in my research and planning, although it is not a magazine solely produced about music it contains a mixture of fashion ,music and culture in the UK. I love the bold and unusual covers they produce on every issue, non of which are similar and they all have their own twist. I also really like the simplicity of the covers they produce, the lack of words lets the image speak for itself and sometimes its accompanied by a maximum of one sentence or even just a single word e.g 'Youthful' or 'More clothes inside...' They are usually suitably vague and this means that a potential buyer will want to know more about the cover story and therefore buy the magazine, i feel this is a great way of selling the magazine and has proved to be a success due to i-D's worldwide cult following. When producing my magazine i really want to emulate i-D's bold and unusual style, especially on my cover page as i feel this really suits my genre of music (indie/alternative), style of magazine and chosen band.




No comments:

Post a Comment